DISPURA OZONE GENERATORS FOR WATER & AIR SANITATION
DISPURA OZONE GENERATORS
Dispura supplies Ozone generators and air purifiers for the South African market. Our products range from small water treatment ozone generators to larger units. We supply portable & mobile machines for air disinfection, purification, and odour removal. Welcome to our website and if you can't find what you are looking for, please contact us.
ADVANTAGES - WATER DISINFECTION
• Most powerful oxidant for disinfecting water & surfaces.
• Kills pathogens in seconds as against minutes.
• One of the strongest oxidants of organics.
• Decomposes into Oxygen.
• By itself, does not affect pH.
• Cannot be stored, thereby negating storage of large volumes of oxidant.
• Excellent at oxidising Iron & Manganese.
• Enhances flocculation & coagulation of organics – increasing efficiency.
• COD reduction
ADVANTAGES - AIR PURIFYING
• Smoke removal.
• Offensive odour removal.
• Kills airborne viruses &bacteria.
• Ozone decomposes into Oxygen.
• Retards ethylene production of fruit.
• HEPA filter - aids removal of duct & pollens.
• Mobile units.
The Olansi range of air purifiers contain carbon, HEPA, cold catalytic and anti bacterial filters for the removal of potentially harmful substances & microbes in the air. For more information, please go to our PRODUCTS page.
OZONE GENERATORS & DOSING METHODS
WHAT IS AN OZONE GENERATOR?
Ozone generators are producers of Ozone from air or Oxygen. The most popular methods for generating Ozone are the Corona discharge method & UV. Dispura machines are normally Corona discharge generators unless specified otherwise. Corona discharge Ozone machines can be fed by clean dry air or Oxygen. Most units output, normally in g/hr, are rated on Oxygen, the output using air will be less.
FORMATION OF OZONE
Ozone (O3) is a form of Oxygen that contains 3 atoms instead of 2, in chemical terms it is a triatomic allotrope of Oxygen. It has a larger oxidizing potential than conventional chemical disinfectants such as chlorine, which makes it is more effective against bacteria & viruses. The odour of Ozone is similar to a sea breeze or the air after a thunderstorm.
The corona discharge method works by the separating of O2 (Oxygen) into single molecules using high voltage, then the free Oxygen atom combines with another O2 atom, resulting in O3 (Ozone).
Venturi - fitted either directly into the pipe or a bypass pipe. Used for dosing in water, water waste water treatment, swimming pools etc..
Air Stone - for tank dosing or for Ozone distribution in an enclosed space e.g. car
Fan - Specifically designed for air disinfection. The fan distributes Ozone into the air.
BENEFITS OF OZONE
- More effective than conventional disinfectants or sanitizers.
- Cannot be stored, therefore no storage tanks or area required.
- Doesn't require manual labour for mixing
- No effect on effluent discharge
- Simple installation
- Cost effective
- Environmentally safe
- The first patent for an Ozone Generator was by Nicolas Tesla in 1896
- A single lightning strike can create over 300 pounds of Ozone.
- Is Ozone safe when used for air purifying?
It is - but we don't recommend using Ozone when people are present for example an office.
- What about Ozone in water?
Ozone is perfectly safe in water.
- Does Ozone smell?
Yes - it has a smell similar to a sea breeze.
- Can Ozone cause corrosion?
Make use of our Ozone Material Compatibility to assist you.
- What bacteria & viruses does it kill?
Please see the following for a list of bacteria, viruses and fungi that Ozone kills.
Ozone Pathogen Effectiveness
OZONE FOR HEALTH
Dispura does not offer Ozone therapy, nor do we supply machines for the therapy profession, because we prefer leaving this to the professionals.
Should you require we can point you in the direction of where to obtain the equipment for therapy, but we will not supply the machine unless it has an Ozone generator that is generic.