DISPURA OZONE FOR AGRICULTURE & FOOD INDUSTRY
From Farm to Fork
OZONE FOR THE FOOD INDUSTRY
Ozone disinfection for the food industry has multiple uses. From water and air disinfection to storage to factory sanitation. We have included floriculture and hydroponics because these industries can benefit from the use of Ozone.
TYPES OF OZONE GENERATORS
The type of Ozone generator depends on the application required. For water disinfection the unit is normally a fixed installation, this also applies to large storage facilities. For smaller air applications, we have mobile units.
Introduction to Ozone for Farming
WATER DISINFECTION FOR FARMS
Ozone generators can be used throughout the farm with beneficial results for the farmer.
- Drinking water disinfection - to keep the animals drinking water free of harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi and molds.
- Irrigation - Ozone will disinfect the water and increase dissolved Oxygen content.
- Eliminate biofilms and micro growth within pipelines and irrigation and water systems.
- No harmful chemical residue and is environmentally safe.
- Sanitizing of equipment
- Ozone oxidises Iron, Manganese, cyanide & phenols.
AIR DISINFECTION FOR FARMS
Ozone is an excellent disinfectant and odour remover for farms.
- Removal of harmful airborne pathogens in confined animal areas
- Produce storage - Ozone removes harmful pathogens from the air and can increase shelf life.
- Reduction of offensive odours & smells
- Fogging of areas to kill pathogen growth.
- Controlling air quality in egg storage area.
- Portable or fixed
OZONE IN THE DAIRY INDUSTRY
- Dairy farms - sanitation of piping & equipment
- Research has been done on the treatment of mastitis using Ozone therapy - Recovery Effect of Intramammary Ozone Therapy for Acute Clinical Mastitis in Dairy Cows
- Replace conventional biocides in cooling water
- Potential for water recovery
- CIP sanitation
- Prolonging brine life time - cheese manufacture
OZONE FOR FOOD PRODUCTION
- Sanitation of equipment after cleaning in meat & poultry processing plants.
- Flume baths - fruit/vegetables
- Personnel hygiene - hand and boot washing.
- Air disinfection
- Elimination of pathogens from contaminated chiller water in poultry processing
- Use of Ozone to remove airborne bacteria to prevent spoilage
- Retarding of ethylene resulting in a longer shelf life.
- Removal of harmful pathogens
- Removal of contaminants on eggs during storage
- Rinsing of fruit & vegetables to remove contaminants and pesticides
THE USE OF OZONE IN MILLING
- Aqueous Ozone is used in the grain temper process for inactivation of bacteria and mold.
- Gaseous Ozone can be used for the sanitation of enclosed equipment.
- Sanitizing of conveyors and transport equipment between processes.
Ozone Sanitation in a Production Facility
Food Storage Sanitation with Ozone & UV
- A small Ozone unit can be put in the truck for continuing air disinfection to prevent spoilage. This is useful on long haul deliveries.
ADVANTAGES OF OZONE
- Cost effective - once off investment in the ozone system.
- No chemical storage, handling or mixing.
- No possibility of chemical residues
- More powerful than chlorine
- No environmental impact.
- Studies on the Use of Ozone in
Production Agriculture and Food Processing - FDA
- GRAS (Generally recognised as safe) Certification - FDA
- Ozone as Added Protection in Food Processing Chain
- Ozone treatment in the Dairy Industry
- Removal Of Pesticides By Use Of Ozone Or Hydrogen Peroxide and Ozone
- Strickland et al. - Unknown - Six Years of Ozone Processing of Fresh Cut Salad Mixes-annotated
- Removal of harmful bacteria
- Increase the resistance to harmful bacteria
- Removal of harmful contaminants in the soils
- Increases shelf life
- Remove contaminants from the water
- Removal of hydrogen sulphide
- Increase Dissolved Oxygen content
Ozone & Your Food at Home
Producers of food products are normally meticulous about their hygiene. It makes sense to do the same at home. Dispura offers small Ozone generators that can attach to your tap. These units provide ozonated water for washing your fruit and veg to remove any remaining bacteria.
CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE OR MORE INFORMATION ON OZONE FOR THE FOOD INDUSTRY
Tel: 010 109 3012
Mobile: 063 238 5223
SHOULD YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION ON OUR OZONE PRODUCTS PLEASE CONTACT US ON:
TEL: 010 109 3012/063 238 5223
Or use our contact form below