DISPURA OZONE GENERATORS FOR WATER & WASTE WATER TREATMENT
The use of Ozone for the disinfection in water treatment systems is accepted technology.
- Ozone is fast acting and there is no risk of chemical residual or "aftertaste".
- There is no measuring out of chemicals nor time consuming mixing.
- Because of its high oxidation potential, Ozone is far more effective than conventional sanitizers.
- Ozone oxidises Iron & Manganese.
- Dosing is done by venturi or airstone. A venturi is fitted into the pipeline and connected to the Ozone generator. The flow of water past the venturi sucks in Ozone. An airstone is placed into a tank and Ozone is bubbled into the tank via the airstone.
- Ozone is produced on site by the Ozone generator and requires little servicing or maintenance.
- Cost effective - initial investment in the Ozone generator system then no further "monthly" orders.
Dispura Ozone for Water
We can supply Ozone generators up to 100 grams per hour - the delivery time may vary depending on the size of the Ozone unit you require.
For larger units for major installations - please contact us at email@example.com
EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, IS ENTITLED TO CLEAN WATER
Using Ozone in wastewater treatment systems has several advantages such as an increase in dissolved oxygen, decrease in chemical oxygen demand, and improvement in aesthetic characteristics due to reduction in turbidity and colour. Chlorination and UV radiation do not provide these advantages.
- Ozone is more effective than chlorine in destroying viruses and bacteria.
- The ozonation process utilizes a short contact time (10 to 30 minutes).
- There are no harmful residuals that need to be removed after ozonation because ozone decomposes rapidly.
- After ozonation, there is no regrowth of microorganisms, except for those protected by the particulates in the wastewater stream.
- Ozone is generated onsite, and thus, there are fewer safety problems associated with shipping and handling.
- Ozonation elevates the dissolved oxygen (DO) concentration of the effluent. The increase in DO can eliminate the need for reaeration and raise the level of DO in the receiving stream.
Ozone is used to remove harmful micro-organisms from water after reverse osmosis or filtration. Due to it being a powerful oxidant, extended contact time is not needed. A residual Ozone concentration of 0.1ppm to 0.5ppm would be sufficient to maintain the water free of bacteria. As a result of Ozone's properties, there is no possibility of an after taste in the product. Dosing can be done either by venturi or airstone.
The water from boreholes is not always as microbiologically clean. It has been subject to millions of years underground and the soil above it has been subject to contamination, resulting in the possibility of it being contaminated with unwanted chemical elements or microbes. Ozone removes all unwanted bacteria and heavy metals such as Iron and Manganese.
Ozone can be used to replace biocides in the treatment of cooling tower water. It has a broader kill spectrum and would remove potentially harmful bacteria.
The dosing of Ozone would however depend on what materials are used in the system along with the length of piping to be disinfected. As Ozone is fast acting and if there is a significant number of bacteria, this may entail in more than one Ozone system being required.
REDUCTION OF CHEMICAL OXYGEN DEMAND, IRON & MANGANESE
Chemical Oxygen Demand - The reduction of COD's by Ozone is approximately 3 to 5 mg/l of Ozone per mg/l COD. This process may also include Hydrogen Peroxide dosing.
Iron - Ozone oxidises Iron at a concentration of 0.43 mg/l Ozone to 1 mg/l Iron.
Manganese - The dosage of Ozone required is 0.8 mg/l Ozone to 1 mg/l Manganese.
FURTHER USES FOR OZONE IN WASTEWATER
Ozone can oxidize certain water contaminants. With the move to a greener future the focus will become even higher on ways of removing unwanted by-products of various chemical processes. This will need to be done in a responsible way and without further pollution. Research on the effectiveness of using Ozone for the reduction of hydrocarbons, phenol removal and cyanide removal has been done with good results.
DISPURA OZONE GENERATORS FOR WATER & WASTEWATER TREATMENT
DS RANGE - OZONE GENERATORS 2G TO 10G
Available in 2g/3g/5g/7g/10g
24 hour or continuous timer
Internal air pump
Ozone off/on switch
S/steel or white steel enclosure
DSA RANGE OF OZONE GENERATORS - 5G TO 100G - AIR SOURCE
5G/10G/15G/20G - Air cooled
25g/30g/40g/50g/60g/80g/100g - Air & water cooled
Adjustable Ozone output - water cooled
Internal air source
Water & wastewater treatment
Food & Beverage
Fruit & vegetable rinsing
DSO RANGE OF OZONE GENERATORS 10G TO 100G - OXYGEN SOURCE
10G/15G - Air cooled
20g/30g/40g/50g/60g/80g/100g - Air & water cooled
40g/50g/60g/80g/100g - external compressor
Adjustable Ozone output
Water & wastewater treatment
Food & beverage
Fruit & vegetable processing